The Academic Senate
To address the most important issues of the University Academic Council is created, at least 75 percent of the total consisting of the scientific and teaching staff of the KNU.
The composition of the Scientific Council for the positions include: Rector (Chairman), vice-rectors, deans of faculties, directors of institutes, Chief Military, Chief Accountant, Head of Legal Department, head of the trade union committee, chairman of the veterans and the Council of Elders, representatives of public authorities of Students and doctoral academic secretary. The composition of the Scientific Council are also elected representatives faculties (institutes), other business units, which are elected for scientific and educational, scientific and other employees of the University Conference of labor collective of the KNU on the proposal of self-governance bodies faculties (institutes), research units (two representatives from each department (institute) and one representative from other structural units).
Personal composition of the Academic Council of the University approved by the rector of up to 7 years.
Academic Council of the University:
- Drafts University Charter, changes and additions to it and transmits them to the Conference of the labor collective;
- introduced the meeting of a candidate for Rector;
- involved in matters of the educational process;
- determines the amount of teaching load;
- adopts major areas of research, evaluates scientific and educational activities faculties (institutes), other structural units;
- Rector submit proposals regarding the appointment and dismissal of vice-chancellors, directors of institutes,
- scientific libraries and chief accountant;
- advise the rector on liquidation, reorganization laboratories, departments, institutes, departments, and other structural units;
- elected by secret ballot at the head of the department professors;
- assigns the established procedure honors University “Honorary Doctor of the Kiev National Taras Shevchenko”, “Distinguished Professor of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko”, “Honored scientific staff member the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv,” “Distinguished Fellow of the Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko “,” Honored Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv “;
- considers the recommendations of student, graduate, doctoral, research and teaching and research staff for obtaining various prizes, contests etc;
- forms committee to study and prepare specific issues for consideration by the Academic Council;
- make proposals on the distribution between faculties and other departments of the funds allocated in the State Budget of Ukraine to finance the University regarding deductions from income for the contracts of departments, as well as related assets;
- takes in due course decisions about honorary rector;
- decide on the candidates for awarding academic titles of associate professor, professor, senior researcher;
- examines the main issues of economic and social development of the University;
- University develops symbols;
- consider other issues of the University under the law.
- The agenda of the Academic Council formed the administration on the basis of proposals faculties, institutes, and also offers most members of the Academic Council.
The decision of the Academic Council put into effect the decisions of the Rector of the University.